Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bloom Where You're Planted - Blog Numero Uno

"What the heck is a 'blog' anyways?!"  These immortal words were spoken from my mom while she was visiting me this weekend.  You'd think the answer would be an easy one, but it wasn't for me.  Blogs are so many things for so many people.  They can be a showcase for your hobbies, a place to brag on your kiddos, or even a place to share your deepest, darkest thoughts that really, you probably shouldnt be sharing with anyone.  But whatever it is, blogs are pretty darn cool and well, I feel like it's time for me to jump on the bandwagon!  I have been admiring, reading and oftentimes obsessing (There, I said it.  Don't judge me.) over friends and even complete strangers' blogs!  And let me tell you, I've got some damn talented friends...and strangers, too!  Some are phenomenal writers, putting feelings into words to make it seem like you're right there with them.  Others are amazing photographers.  And some are super thrifty, creative ladies!  What all of these bloggers have in common are their ability to thrive in any situation and make it an absolutely beautiful thing!  They can take the most mundane daily routines and turn them into a novel worthy of publishing.  Pure amazement! 

So, I'm going to take what I've learned from so many of these blogs and "bloom where I've been planted."  I want to turn those daily, run of the mill, mundane events into a really cool "life show" and pretend like people find it interesting.  And if you dont?  Well, just dont tell me...let me dream, OK?!

Here we go...I'm a blogger now.  YEEHAW!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you "blooming" Crissy!!! My only advice to share with you (that I use myself) will be to incorporate some or all of your 5 senses as you write and it will always bring your pieces to life! (touch, smell, hear, sight, and taste) I know you will do great and enjoy every minute of writing. I'm looking forward to your posts :) Love Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job cris! I can def relate to what you've said AND can totally see you saying this out loud. as w/ any endeavor you embark on, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly. i'm excited for you! can't wait to see more of your writing and i hope you post what you've learned in your photog classes as well! yyaayyyy you!

    ReplyDelete