Monday, November 28, 2011

The Homesick Texan

Hello again, friends!  Two posts in two days...can you believe it?!  Craziness!  Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause I've got a feeling this consistency is sure to fade!

Recently, a co-worker of mine told me about a cookbook called The Homesick Texan.  Now, THIS is a book that's right up my alley!  So, a brief history on the Homesick Texan.  The Homesick Texan, aka Lisa, is a Houston native (she went to high school right down the road from my alma mater...small world!) who moved to New York.  Struggling to find some good 'ol Texas cuisine, she decided to start her own blog and share her recipes with other Homesick Texans (like me!). 

As soon as my cookbook arrived in the mail, I very quickly scanned the pages for Tex Mex.  Last month, I made her Uncle Richard's Salsa and paired it with her Tacos al Carbon.  Y'all...this meal was AMAZING!  Here's a few photos from this awesome Tex Mex experience!  My taste buds seriously thought they were back in Texas!

Photobucket
A Texan's Food Bible

Photobucket
Uncle Richard's Salsa


Photobucket
Chili powder, cumin, onions, cilantro, jalapeno...staples to any Tex Mex meal!


Photobucket
Marinading the beef


Photobucket
Sizzle sizzle!


Photobucket
Can you see the heat rising from the meat?!  Yum...


Photobucket
A Homesick Texan's heaven...
...and a doggy's heaven too, apparently (notice Bri in the background?)...


2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! Keep the recipe, you'll have to make it for us next time we are together!

    Wonder if there is a cookbook for the homesick Missourian???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super yummy and what an awesome cook book!
    Oh, and I love your countertops!!!!

    ReplyDelete