Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Progress

Who posts so sporadically that friends think she's fallen off the face of the earth?  This girl!  I don't know what my deal is!  I promise my life is eventful; I'm just too damn lazy to blog about it, I guess!  Anyways, I will try to do better...for you, my fans!  HAHA...I dare to dream!

On to house news...we're making progress!  Expected close date is June 28 and like the nutzos that we are, Mike and I insist on driving by the new house at least once a week.  A couple times, we've been caught hanging out in the house when a truck full of construction workers pulls up.  I swear I feel like I'm breaking the law and when I need it the most, my four semesters of Spanish in college fails me as I try to explain to the guys, "Esta es MI casa."  See what I mean?!  I can figure out the translation when I don't need it, but when the rubber meets the road?  Nada Nothing!

Here are some photos from the past few months:

Just a lonely little piece of dirt...

Slab is poured
Framing is up (back of house)
Front
Entry Hall
Living Room
Insulated kitchen (with a bunch of drywall slabs in the middle of the room)

More framework and electrical wiring crap

Loft
Front (more progress)  





I love the pillars!  It gives the house a bungalow-ish feel, no?!


Drywall installed (WOOHOO!)

Master bedroom
Hallway (not much to see here!)
Dywalled living room (is drywalled even a word?)
Dining Room

Kitchen
Back of house (think fire pit back here!)



No comments:

Post a Comment