Sunday, June 17, 2012

DC Trip!

A few weeks ago, my mommy came to visit and we took a short road trip to DC!  WHY have I not been here before?!  Of course, all of the museums and monuments were amazing, but the city is just so great!  People milling around on bikes, running, walking, beautiful landscapes everywhere you turn!  We trolled through several Smithsonian museums including the Native American History Museum, Air & Space Museum, Hirshhorn Modern Art Museum, and the American History Museum.  My favorite museum, by far, was the Holocaust Museum.  Ever since I was a little girl, I was intrigued by the Holocaust and recall reading the Diary of Anne Frank and Elie Wiesel's Night over and over again.  I don't know what the obsession was, but I soaked up all the Holocaust and World War II knowledge I could get.  This museum was amazing and pays tribute to the victims and survivors of the Holocaust in such a respectable way.  Love LoVe LOVE our nation's capital!  I can't wait to come back with Mike!

Here are a some of my favorite shots from our short trip!


Our nation's capital!


Smithsonian Native American Museum

Smithsonian Hirshhorn Modern Art Museum
Suprasensorial Light Exhibit









WWII Memorial


Gotta represent my home state!
Meh, North Carolina, too!

Dumbo at the Smithsonian American History Museum
Department of the Treasury

Our president's "digs" :)

I pushed the button.  No one answered.

The guy who took our ONE and ONLY picture in front of the White House SUCKED at it!






No comments:

Post a Comment