Monday, March 25, 2013

A Night With King George

Happy Monday, lads and lasses!  I'm a week behind on posting about my amazing evening with King George Strait, but nevertheless, it was a truly magical experience for him and I (and 80,019 other people, but who's counting?!).  Side note: If you are a fan of country music, you understand why I call him "King George."  If you're not a fan of country music...GET THE HELL OFF MY BLOG!  I kid, I kid.

Anyways, King George closed out the Rodeo this year and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go!  It was a Valentine's Day gift from the hubby (his friend/co-worker had an extra ticket!) so I went with his wife, daughter and MIL.  It was such a fun time and our seats were awesome!  The last time I saw George Strait was when he performed for the last time in the Astrodome back in 2002...11 years ago!  And it was well worth the wait!  That man is amazing...and damn good looking to boot!  Here are a few photos from the concert:


Well hello there, King George!


An amazing end to the Rodeo season!




I will not believe that this is his final touring season.  He's just too amazing to quit!!


2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes, the KING! I can't believe he's hanging it up. and to see him at the Houston Rodeo?! Isn't that where he started?? I saw him once when he was doing those summer stadium shows with a ton of new artists like that new floosy Faith Hill. I thought "Meh she's ok but she'll never last" Wow that was probably 15 years ago. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I believe it was back in 1982...he subbed for Eddie Rabbit who was unable to make it due to an illness. Lucky break for Mr. Strait!

    ReplyDelete