Monday, February 3, 2014

Month Eight Update!

Don't worry, the month hasn't passed by that quickly!  I'm just ON TIME with his monthly update this month :)  My little baby doesn't seem much like a baby anymore!  I swear, from month to month, he looks like a completely different baby!  I can't even look at pictures from June without crying!  Where did my newborn baby go?!  I know it's so cliche when people say "they grow up so fast" but I never really knew how true those words were until I had my own child.  It truly is amazing how much they change with every passing day!

Anyways, little guy is such a happy baby!  The only time he's really fussy is when he's hungry or sleepy, which makes it easy for us to read his cues!  He's been sleeping great during the night and taking some really good naps, too!  I think he may be going through a growth spurt because there are times that we have to wake him up from his evening nap so we can bathe, change and feed him for the night.  Aiden loves his music, especially country!  Whenever a song comes on the radio or on TV, he stops whatever he's doing and pays attention.  He loves to "sing" to the music, too!  He's really close to crawling...getting on all fours and rocking!  He's even standing/leaning on furniture!  Maybe he'll just go straight to walking instead of crawling!  He loves being thrown in the air by Daddy, too!  Just a few days ago, he started noticing the shadows his hands make against the wall, so every time he's on the changing table, he stares at the wall and plays with his hand shadows.  My best friend of 26 (yes 26!) years, Carolyn, came to meet Aiden for the first time this month!  I knew he would love her because well, she's just an amazing person!  She's been living in Paris for the past three years and I am SO HAPPY that she's back!  It's so cool seeing my childhood friend with MY child.  The circle of life ;)

Picture time!!!



Aiden and Carolyn.  That frightened look is from the flash on the camera, not Caro!

"Anyone who gets on the floor and plays with me is good people!"

Baby in a basket!

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Eight Month Highlights
* Up on his hands and knees rocking
* Standing/leaning against furniture
* Loves music
* Plays with his hand shadows
* Loves being thrown in the air by Daddy
* Favorite toy - remote control and baby cell phone
* Loves chicken & avocado and banana & oatmeal


"Mama, we're not impressed with your lack of photo-taking skills."

"Just standing here, Mama.  NO BIG DEAL!"
And now, a few videos!

It's a bird...it's a plane...no, it's FLYING BABY!                                                      

Rockin' and Rollin' (minus the "rollin'")


                                                                     Best. Laugh. Ever!

1 comment:

  1. Aiden is too cute!! Those eyes!! I love that laugh! Colt is starting to get his giggle if I tickle him.

    I love reading these. It's like a preview of what Colt will be doing. Aiden and Colt would be 2 peas in a pod. My little man is such a happy baby too. And music?? we always have music playing and he loves when we sing along to the radio. I was talking to Korey the other night about "remember when Colt was so little he barely fit on your shoulder?" "remember when..." Korey said "He's only a few months old he's not 10!" Ha! I know but he isn't a baby anymore and is trying to be so independent. They do grow up so fast!! I know you, like me, can't image these past few months without him. I love being a boy-mom.

    ReplyDelete